Northwest DPC Docs are getting together!

wyoming
idaho
oregon
washington
montana

(Dr. Peter Lehmann) #1

Friday May 19th 3:00 PM - Sunday, May 21st 12:00 PM we are meeting near Portland, OR to get to know one another and start talking about regional issues that might be particular to our part of the country.

We are, I believe, at a critical crossroads to push DPC into the public’s awarenessand I hope we can strategize as to how to move beyond Facebook-friendly mom and pop operations into a somewhat organized, energized mass of evangelists for DPC.

We plan on having fun during our weekend together. No stodgy hotels for us. We are renting a home via VRBO/HomeAway. Look what you’ll be missing if you aren’t going: https://www.vrbo.com/763893.

We are expecting about 10 docs to attend. We have room for a few more if anyone in the region is interested (4-5). Please reply in this thread if you would seriously consider attending, so that we can plan accordingly.

(Blake Myers) #2

I would be interested and my colleague in Medford, Oregon likely would be as well. I agree that it would be great if we could band together to create a larger public awareness platform.

(Dr. Peter Lehmann) #3

I think that there is likely to be friction between allopathic and naturopathic approaches to patient care that could prove to be a distraction, even though a direct relationship with patients is a common goal. I think that the initial meeting is going to be allopathic practitioners only. Perhaps we can come together once there is some semblance of order and direction for this initial group. We’re not including concierge practices either for similar reasons. There are philosophical differences with that group as well that are probably best avoided in our initial stages of meeting together.

(Lissa Lubinski) #4

I think this is a wonderful idea. I am going to try my best to be there but am not confirming yet. But most likely!

(Dr. Peter Lehmann) #5

Hi @lklubinski. Just let us know as soon as you can. It can be pretty late. We’ll split up the cost at the end. I’m covering it up front.

(Lissa Lubinski) #6

Okay I’m 99% sure I’m attending. My mother-in-law lives in Portland (but has limited housing) so my family (including 2 little boys) are looking for an Airbnb near this lodging you’ve secured so we can make it a semi-vacation, at least for them. I’ll be able to attend most if not all of what you all do and then see them in the off hours. :slight_smile: Looking forward to it. Still working at getting my practice started up in June! And I’m happy to still contribute towards the cost and/or food!

(Dr. Peter Lehmann) #7

@philomd have you seen @lklubinski’s reply?

(Philipp Olshausen) #8

I have now. Thanks @drpeter